About Browse Search awards Search companies Search buildings Home
Additional ImagesThis structure has 2 additional images. Click to see them.
Name & LocationMorrison Planter
Avenue of the Islands
Toronto, Toronto Islands
Other IdentificationProject:
Institutional affiliation:
Alternate names:
NotesThis ornament was originally located at the Philadelphia Exposition of 1876. It was donated to the citizens of Toronto one year later to commemorate Queen Victoria's birthday, and was placed on the west side of St. Lawrence Market. Later, it was moved to the entrance of the Island Ferry Docks (the Toronto Ferry Company Waiting Room). It was restored and moved to its current location at Centreville Amusement Park in 1978.

Quote
StatusCompleted
Year Completed1876
Companies 
Click for Google Map
Height and Building Data 
Floors0
Height (m)0.00
Building typeMonument
General useNot applicable
Specific Use
Former Use 
HeritageHeritage property
Main StyleClassical revival
SourcesThis building has 1 sources. Click to see them.

Home   |   Search buildings   |   Search companies   |   Search awards   |   Browse   |   About

 

Ó 2010 Bob Krawczyk -- All rights reserved