About Browse Search awards Search companies Search buildings Home
Additional ImagesThis structure has 0 additional images. Click to see them.
Name & LocationThe Grange
317 Dundas Street West
Toronto, Grange Park
Other IdentificationProject:
Institutional affiliation:
Alternate names: D'Arcy Boulton Jr. House / Art Gallery of Ontario
NotesThis was built as the residence of the Boulton family. It received a bathroom wing addition in 1840, and a library addition in 1885. The house was given to the Art Museum of Toronto, which operated a gallery here between 1913 and 1918 (when a new structure was built nearby). From 1918 to 1973, the building housed offices. In 1973, it was opened as a historic house.

Quote
StatusCompleted
Year Completed1817
CompaniesThe following companies are associated with this building (click on company name for links to buildings):


  • Architect : Peter John Stokes Responsible for restoration in 1973.

  • Architect : Walter R. Strickland This is probably the architect responsible for an addition in 1885.

  • Click for Google Map
    Height and Building Data 
    Floors2
    Height (m)0.00
    Building typeDetached house
    General useCultural
    Specific UseHistoric site
    Former Use 
    HeritageNational Historic Site
    Main StyleGeorgian revival
    SourcesThis building has 7 sources. Click to see them.

    Home   |   Search buildings   |   Search companies   |   Search awards   |   Browse   |   About

     

    Ó 2010 Bob Krawczyk -- All rights reserved